Latin American, Latino & Caribbean Studies: Meet LALACS minor Annabel Landaverde Posted on March 4th, 2011 by

Annabel Landaverde, Junior LALACS minor

Hi all! I’m Annabel Landaverde, a junior from San Francisco, CA. I’m a Poli Sci major as well as a double minor in LALACS and Peace Studies. I am currently involved with the Delta Phi Omega sorority, Gustavus cheer squad and work as an intern in town at Ameriprise Financial. When I am not studying or running to meetings, I spend my time goofing off, having costume parties in my room, and pretending to get fit. Recently I came back from a semester in India studying social justice, peace and development, which was an incredible experience and has effectively made me even more of a hippie than I was before. I speak Spanish fluently and hope to work at a non-profit in Latin America for a year or more after graduation–preferably one that’s by a beach next to a coconut water stand.  Cross your fingers!  🙂 But for now, I’m looking forward to my senior year as an intern to the Community Service Center helping bridge St. Peter with our sister city Petatlán.

What is LALACS at Gustavus?  See our web site.

1. Nancy Hanway says:

Wow, Annabel. I can’t believe all that you do! When do you have free time? Let’s talk about your plans for the future (would love to help you research those non-profits). And I will be in contact about Petatlán! — Nan

2. Annabel says:

Hi, Nancy! I did not read your post until today, 6 months later! I hope you are enjoying your sabbatical. If you check this post in the near future, which I hope you will, I would love to talk with you about non-profits in Latin America. I could use all help I can get in terms of finding organizations to contact. Also, things are going well with the Petatlán relationship. In fact, 6 members from Petatlán were in Saint Peter for a week earlier this November. We’re definitely making some real strides. If you’re interested I can fill you in on all that has progressed.
    -Annabel