Meet the Majors: Yaisa Rodríguez Posted on May 14th, 2013 by

Hola/hi!

Yaisa Rodríguez

My name is Yaisa Rodriguez and I’m a psychology and LALACS double major. I was born in Havana, Cuba, and later moved with my family to Miami FL. Here I have been involved in various organizations some are, SLP, Building Bridges, Crossroads, and Big Partner Little Partners. This year I was an SLP Ambassador and next year I will be committee co-chair for Crossroads. I’m currently a sophomore here at GAC. Some activities I enjoy are skating, dancing, writing, hiking, culture photography (mostly of different people, it’s like they tell a story in their face), hanging out with friends and family, and watching movies. I also enjoy swimming and snorkeling.

I was looking for a major that would help me learn about multiple aspects of  Latin America and its cultures.  I wanted to know more about Latin America in a broader sense.  I love that this major gives me the opportunity to expand my horizons by taking classes that are truly unique in what they offer.  I am excited to learn more about different people and different aspects of Latin American culture.